6 Coffee Drinks To Shake Up Your Routine
In the coffee community, there is never a shortage of variety or of risk-takers who like to break free from their typical routine every once in a while. Are you looking for a new coffee drink to test out this year but aren’t sure where to start? Check out these six signature coffee drinks and see which one is your new favorite!
- Ristretto: This “short shot” of espresso is ¾ of an ounce of concentrated deliciousness. To make this shot of espresso, you use the normal amount of ground coffee but half the amount of water for extraction. This results in a short and very concentrated espresso shot that many people prefer to regular espresso. Enjoy!
Flat White: This coffee drink was actually developed in New Zealand and Australia in the 1980s, but it is just picking up popularity in the U.S. recently. It is made by pouring microfroam, which is steamed milk with fine bubbles and a velvety consistency, over a shot of ristretto.
- Café Cubano: This Cuban espresso is a dark-roasted shot of sweet and saucy espresso, as it is sweetened with raw cane sugar during the brewing process. The result of infusing it with sugar is a thick layer of sweet crema on top of the strong espresso underneath. This delicious coffee drink is for the coffee enthusiast with a sweet tooth!
- Red Eye: The Red Eye is very similar in nature to the Americano. This highly caffeinated drink is a cup of drip coffee with a shot of espresso added. We recommend this coffee drink to anyone who really needs an extra jolt on some mornings!
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee: Also known as “Ca phe da”, this cold drink is made from Vietnamese-grown dark roast coffee. It is individually brewed with a metal French drip filter into a cup that contains about a quarter of sweetened condensed milk, then stirred and poured over ice. This drink is perfect when you’re craving a refreshing yet strong iced coffee drink.
- Café con Hielo: This cold coffee drink is made by pouring straight-up espresso over a glass with lots of ice. So next time you really want your espresso but it’s a sweltering summer day, you can have the best of both worlds!
Iced or hot, there are plenty of interesting coffee drinks out there, with new ones developing all the time. Try out any of these unique and delicious signature coffee drinks next time you want to switch up your coffee routine, and we know you won’t be disappointed!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.